In order to run filtering operations form BitCurb Crunch Excel add-in the following prerequisites are required:
- Excel Online or Excel 2016
- BitCurb Crunch add-in to be installed and configured. Please refer our article for setting up our Excel Add-in
- Excel data which will be filtered to be formatted into tables
- “BitCurbResult” column to be added to all tables used in the filtering operation. Adding the column is optional, it is needed to mark the filtered result lines in the source data.
- The example below uses “phones_spec-v2.xlsx” file as data source. You can download the sample file from our GitHub repository.
Filtering Templates and Rules
The operation type which will be run depends on the rules attached to it. In order to create a filtering template, one or more filtering rules will need to be attached to it. This can be done through the portal, or the BitCurb Crunch add-in. For the purposes of this article all screenshots are from the BitCurb Crunch add-in and we will be using the rules described in this article.
Once login to the BitCurb Crunch add-in, open the Home page and click on Rules link to load the rules:
To create a new template click on “New Template” button at the top of the Templates page: